Table of Contents[hide]
On the next image and in your dashboard you can see new menu item called “Sermons”. This is where you can organize and setup your sermons.
To create sermons, you need to first off all create sermon posts and assign them categories. After you created you sermon posts and filled them with content, you need to show them. We create sermons shortcodes to give you possibility to place your sermon list wherever you want.to Top
Create Sermon Categories
To organize sermons you need to create categories.
You can make it before, after or directly during the creation of a sermon post.
To create sermons category go to Sermons -> Sermon Categories
To create new sermon, go to Sermons -> Add New
After that you’ll see content editor (1), where you can find shortcode buttons (2) in visual mode, and lots of metaboxes (3,4) if you scroll down, below the editor. Metaboxes (4) is where you can set different settings for your sermon post, such as set slideshow, sidebars, seo, etc.
Important steps when creating any sermon post is to “set featured image” and assign to a category (3).
On the right side you will see your categories. You need to check in which category you want this sermon post to be displayed.
If you don’t have any categories yet, then you need to create one.
To do this click + Add New Category.
Set Category name and press “Add New Category” button.
* And don’t forget to assign this category to your sermon post of course.
On the right side you can see speakers. You need to check what speaker(s) this sermon will be assigned to.
If you don’t have any speakers yet, then you need to create them.
To do this click + Add New Speaker.
Set Speaker name and press “Add New Speaker” button.
* And don’t forget to assign this speaker to your sermon post of course.
Set layout and sidebar for sermons.
You can set one of three possible layouts for sermon post: Full width, Left Sidebar and Right Sidebar. You can find these settings at the right side below the categories.
Also you can set your custom sidebar here. You can create your custom sidebar in Theme Options -> Sidebars.
If you want to have image thumbnails on sermon listing, sermon widgets, etc. then you need to set featured image for your sermon posts.
1. Click “Set Featured Image” on the right side of the post edit screen.
2. “Add media” popup will appear. Upload your image.
3. Then click “Use as featured image”.
Here you can upload video, audio, pdf file for your sermon posts.
Additional Widget Area
There are additional widget area between title and content. You can enable it by choosing Under title sidebar instance in “Title area settings” block below the editor.
You can see example of additional widget area (1) on the image below:
Title additional text
You can set some short description in the title area on the right side, as you can see on the image below.
To add this descriptions simply add your text in “Title additional text” field. This option can be found below the editor on the post edit screen.
Header Color Settings
You can set custom colors or background for every sermon post at your website.
Our theme is extremely flexible and allows to set unique slideshow, with unique settigns for each post/page or taxonomies.
To set slideshow for specific post, scroll down to the “Slideshow options” block.
1. Choose slideshow type – here you can between our custom JCycle or Revolution slideshows. By default it is set to use global settings (global settings is set in Theme Options ->Slideshows)
2. Choose Revolution Slider (for revolution slider only) – you can create many revolution slideshows, so here you can choose which of revolution slideshows you would like to use.
2. Set slideshow category (for jCycle only)
3. and set max amount of slides for this slideshow (for jCycle only).
You can also adjust different slideshow options specificaly for this page in “Slideshow effect options” block, such as (these options is for jCycle only):
1. Set slideshow Height.
2. Turn on/off next, previous navigation arrows.
3. Remove paddings
4. Set timeouts and speed
5. Set autoplay and pause on rollover.